Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Look, ma! No Plastic!



OK, it's a lie. All that black stuff is Polyvynil Chloride made flexible with Pthalates, but compare this with a modern car, and you'll know what I mean.

This is the result of my cutting up hardboard, inserting speaker, nearly stapling my hand to the table, and a quick sanding and revarnish of the capping.

Total cost 3€.

I like it.

Now I'm currently revamping the frame for the hood. I'm waiting for a delivery before the car stops looking like a skip, so that gives me plenty of time (OK, a month) to sand and paint the surprisingly rusty tubes that hold the flop-top up. The Vynil has been cleaned and will need cleaning again. Though the result so far is the same white I wish my teeth were, there's still a few blotches of ingrained filth.

But my Java course is a little bit more important, so piano piano...

No comments: